REBELS RESCUE NEEDS YOU!
We are in need of FOSTERS and ADOPTION EVENT VOLUNTEERS.
Adoption event locations are South Tampa, Wesley Chapel and Oldsmar.
Rebels Rescue is looking for volunteers for our Saturday adoption events at various pet stores. Volunteers working in adoption support provide two important roles in helping to fulfill our mission. The first is customer assistance on the adoption floor, answering questions from visitors and completing adoptions of our animals. The second is animal socialization that helps keep our animals happy, healthy and adoptable. You will be showing cats to prospective adopters, so it is very important that the volunteer is comfortable handling a cat within the cage.
Cat/Kitten Foster parents to welcome into their homes and provide a nurturing and comfortable environment for the animal to mature heal or socialize. The cats will stay until they get adopted into their forever families. Rebels Rescue asks that foster parents provide the basic essentials for foster animals, i.e. food, litter, toys, etc. All veterinary care and necessary medications will be provided by Rebels Rescue.
How to make a difference in an animal's life by volunteering...
Below are a few things that volunteers can do to help Rebels Rescue:
- Planning, Staffing and participating in fundraisers and events
- Hold a drive at your school or in your community for things listed on our ‘wish list’
- Selling items (raffle tickets, subs/sandwiches) for fundraisers
- Transporting animals in need of rescue and or to vet appointments for fosters without transportation
- Are you not able to adopt at this time? Consider offering one of the most rewarding things ever! A chance at life… Become a Foster Home today! Foster Parents Save Lives!
By fostering a shelter animal, you can experience the joys of being a pet parent without the lifetime of responsibility. Rebels Rescue’s foster parents save the lives of many of animals by giving them a second chance. The first step is to fill out a application below.
Our foster program was designed to move animals into the community as a way of providing more time for the animal to get adopted into a permanent home. While most animals are adopted out of the kennels, others need extra attention to get adopted. That is where the foster program comes in.
Fosters provide a safe and nurturing environment for foster cats, kittens and dogs that are rescued from the kill shelters before being euthanized. They provide socialization for shy animals and a chance for sick animals to recover. With this they also provide food, litter, as well as medication and medical care when necessary.
Our foster parent program is made up of community volunteers who take animals into their homes, give them care and help them find their “forever homes.” Fill out the Volunteer Application today!
Note: Fostering is an incredibly rewarding experience that requires a real commitment. The emotional demands of fostering can be difficult and should be seriously discussed with all family members.
- Foster home should be experienced in the basic care and handling of the type of animal to be fostered
- Foster home should be qualified and have adequate resources and experience to provide for the medical and care requirements of the animal
- Foster home should have the space to separate/confine foster animals from other animals in the home
- Foster home will contact Rebels Rescue staff or other designate for permission before taking a foster animal to a veterinarian
- Foster homes will keep detailed records of any medical treatments and care given to the foster animal
- All foster home current resident pet(s) must have up-to-date vaccinations
- If the foster home resident pet(s) contracts a disease or is injured by a foster animal, Rebels Rescue will not be liable for any expenses associated with the foster home pet(s)
- If the foster animal becomes lost or runs away, the foster home must immediately contact Rebels Rescue, the local police department and animal control agency.
- Rebels Rescue has the right to inspect the foster home or to request the return of any foster animal(s) at any time
- Foster animals will be assigned to foster homes at the discretion of the Rebels Rescue staff
- The Foster home will complete the Rebels Rescue Home Foster Agreement before taking any foster animal from the shelter
- This application and all paperwork regarding fostering Rebels Rescue is the sole property of Rebels Rescue shelter, Inc.
- Fosters are to stay with that foster until the cat, kitten or dog is adopted.
By submitting this form, you agree to the above statements and confirm that the information you have provided below is true.